In the 2017 tax season
Free Tax Preparation is available in Southwestern PA.
Our IRS-certified tax preparers will maximize your tax refund.
Welcome Taxpayers! Every year, United Way’s Free Tax Prep Coalition provides free, high-quality tax preparation for hardworking individuals and families. We look forward to assisting you!
STEP 1: Check Your Eligibility
Is your household income under $54,000?
- You may qualify for free, in-person tax help from an IRS-certified tax preparer in your neighborhood*
- APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED. FIND A FREE TAX SERVICE NEAR YOU BY CALLING 2-1-1, TEXTING YOUR ZIP CODE TO 898-211, OR VISITING OUR ONLINE SCHEDULING PORTAL.
Is your household income under $66,000?
- You can file your taxes for free online at www.myfreetaxes.com
- We’ve partnered with the IRS and H&R Block to provide this easy, secure, do-it-yourself online service.
STEP 2: Prepare for Your Visit
Click below for a list of locations and instructions for what to bring to your appointment:
*Please note that income eligibility may vary by county
STEP 3: Schedule Your Appointment
- Call 2-1-1, Text your zip code to 898-211, or visit the online Scheduling Portal to schedule your tax preparation appointment.