• Yes. We are offering several opportunities to learn more about our investment priorities and process and want each and every potential applicant to be able to submit strong and competitive applications. All sessions are optional, and attendance will not impact the evaluation of your proposal or funding decisions.
• General Information and Q&A: these sessions will provide a general overview of the RFP process including timelines and a review of the application questions. These sessions are open to anyone, but are best suited for organizations that feel comfortable writing proposals and are familiar with United Way’s Investment Priority areas, but would like to learn more about this year’s questions and timelines.
• Allegheny County: Wednesday, November 2nd, 12-1:30pm (virtual)
• Armstrong, Butler, Fayette, and Westmoreland Counties: Friday, November 4 (virtual)
• PACE Technical & capacity Building Workshops: We are partnering with the Program to Aid Citizen Enterprise (PACE) to offer dedicated capacity and technical support workshops to all interested applicants where they will dive deeper into the application and learn best practices for grant writing and for responding to this specific RFP including clearly describing your proposed program, plan for evaluation and data collection, and carefully budgeting program costs. These workshops are open to anyone, but are best suited for organizations who may be new to grant and proposal writing and/or are to United Way:
• Thursday, November 3rd, 8:30am – 12:30pm (virtual)
a. This session will be recorded and made available following the event.
• Thursday, November 10th, 12:40pm – 4:30pm (in-person)
• United Way of Southwestern PA offices
• Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details including how to register.